Paranormal Status episode 2 is live now! I really like this one.
Please subscribe, share, like, comment. Why do I harp on subscribing? Because I am a 15-year-old girl in 2008? Well, apart from that, 5 simple reasons:
1. It takes no time at all. In the time it took you to read this, you could have subscribed and un-subscribed already. It's no commitment to anything.
2. It helps. It tremendously helps me and the other folks involved in the show.
3. It doesn't affect your life at all. Maybe YouTube will send you an email now and then that you can easily turn off.
4. It's the only way I will be able to continue doing this shit. A lot of people I meet find out that I'm an indie videomaker and say, "It's cool that you do that." If you actually have that thought in your body, you should subscribe. If you would like me to discontinue from making any art/comedy/films/videos for the rest of my life, not subscribing is the way to cast your vote there.
5. It takes no time at all. It's one click on that little subscribe button at the top of every YouTube page. If you don't have a Youtube acct you then have to sign up for one. Again, if you are reading this, you could have done and un-done it already. It's that inconsequential to you, and yet it makes a great difference for me and the team because it becomes numbers which youtoob takes very seriously, and helps the indie video artists who make that webshow or cat video you like so much continue to do their thing.
In honor of ComicCon 2012, here is an abridged screenplay for the Justice League movie, modeled entirely after The Avengers movie, because that seemed to work very well.JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
a superhero team screenplay
by dommahEXT. DC UNIVERSE
Near Martian rocks, some MARTIANS plot.
We're going to attack Earth.
Ah, the H'ell of it. Give them something to do.
AMANDA WALLER recruits BATMAN.
Come join the team.
I'm sulky and complicated...my father....
Bitch, can you just get in the jet? I've got like six of these today.
I really have other things to blog about, but this is what I've been working on lately.
If you can spot the Dark Knight reference and name the situation and the characters involved, you win a t-shirt. Not promising what kind of t-shirt.
Off to Comic-Con now.
Hey, subscribe so we can make more episodes. It involves clicking one button that affects your life not at all but helps us a tonne.
I think the Trailer Sound started with the trailers for the Transformers post-films, another innovation given us by that noble post-narrative franchise. Since then, hell of summer movies have used the electronic-drone-queefing sound to punctuate their trailers full of otherwise-unexciting shots of buildings, people looking scared, etc. For reference:
By the way, please subscribe to Paranormal Status! You can make that little "SUBSCRIBE" button at the top of the Youtube page go from dark gray to light gray and never bother you again.
Episode 1 will come out on or around July 9. It should be pretty good.